Friday, November 11, 2016

Activism and the Youth Vote



After reading about Rock the Vote, I think that it is a good idea. Personally, it gives an individual an opportunity to know about the politics and to be able to voice their opinion about the election. It also gives them the opportunity to learn about the different issues that the todays society are facing.  The information on the website is well explained and addresses the issues and concerns that people are having.

What makes me shy from the voting booth is not knowing some of the names and even knowing what they are all about. I do not feel that informed about this years candidates and issues. Many debates have shown the candidates "true colors". It seemed to me that it was more of an argument of who is better and not really about who will improve on the country. This made me unsure if I really wanted to vote or not. I also felt unsure and confused about the candidates.

3 Questions I have for the class regarding the election:

1. Why is it that we have only a two-party system?
2. Who is in charge of funding presidential campaigns?
3. Why is this election more personal than policy?





1 comment:

  1. hi, Mallory. I agree with part you said this years candidates show their true color but not best intrest of who is going to help improve out country. it is a sad time that person who was chosen to run our country has no idea how to run a country.

    ReplyDelete